Bike Trip Across America

Friday, July 21, 2006

This will have to be real quick. Am in Little Falls, Minnesota, on the banks of the big Muddy in a beautiful library but with little time until closing. I'll just try to post some pictures. Oops, can't do it the computer doesn't have the software needed. Ugh!

Anyway, have lots of good pictures and will post them soon. I'm feeling fine. Should be in North Dakota the beginning of the week. Met two great guys this morning on their way east. Scott, a firefighter from Portland OR and Mike from NJ and planning to attend Sterling in Craftsbury next year. Mike was kind enough to adjust my derailleur (he's a bike mechanic--nice guy to meet on the road) and it has been working beautifully. Scott offered, nearly insisted that my brothers and I visit his family place in Hood River, OR. We may just take him up on it. Did I mention that I met Blanche Pedajiski's (I know I wrecked the spelling on that one!) sister in law back in Chippewa Falls. Blanche is a director of the Stern Center and many of our Berlin teachers benefitted from taking the TIME for teachers course with her and other instructors a few years back. Blanche has been a very dynamic and well informed force for reading instruction improvement in the state. As they say....it's a small world...speaking of which, I heard that song chiming as I rested in a park today and then did something I haven't done since I was 10 (no, not make a corn silk ciggie)--I bought an ice cream from an ice cream truck! Seems this retired entrepreneur had retrofitted a UPS truck with a couple of freezers and a generator and made his own ice cream truck. Hmmm....how would that go in Barre Montpelier?

Have to finish up. Love to all. Diane, it was nice to hear from you. If you go to church this weekend (and even if you don't) please say a prayer for the safety of all the cyclists out on the roads this summer. Thank you. Smarty Pants Yertle

1 Comments:

  • Swanville (only 1 "s") is right near Swan River and Pepin Lake of course. You said Grandma's Cafe but I bet you were at Granny's Cafe on DeGraff. Did you stop in at Deb's Gifts or was it not open yet? You must not have checked out the Great River Regional Library or you would have posted again. Maybe it wasn't open yet either.

    What's your next destination? This would be a lot more fun if I knew where you were heading, I mean the day to day destinations! You must be getting close to the half way point.

    Tonight we went up to the Sunset Grille with the Morse's for dinner before going over see Michael in Bye Bye Birdie, a Stowe Theatre production at the Stowe Town Hall. It's a small theater with comfortable seats and it was a wonderful production! It continues on Wed - Sat the next couple weeks. I need to go back so I can take some photos.

    It poured here all afternoon. Had a downpour yesterday afternoon but that at least ended up being relatively short in length. While it rained the kids and I watched Ground Hog Day - had never seen it before. That was fun.

    Enjoy it all and take your time!

    Corinne

    By Blogger Corinne's blog of Berlin and area happenings, at Sunday, July 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home