Bike Trip Across America

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Morning In Fargo Tuesday, July 25th

Thank you Corinne for creating the map! I'll keep you updated with my stops along the way. Am at a coffee shop on Broadway and 1st Avenue using their computer, but again no software to support pictures. The sun is up and out, 6:45 a.m. Camped last night in a city campground, Lindenwood, along the Red River. Very, very nice--meaning showers and no mosquitoes. I guess they're not allowed west of the Red River. Arrived early enough yesterday to take care of some chores: haircut, laundromat, chain replacement at bike shop (also bought a pair of spandex pants--for emergency use only!--that means cold weather in case you're wondering), library, post office, phone calls. Fargo is a "happening" place. Lots of energy (translated: money) here with reconstruction going on and many nice restaurants, coffee shops, bookstores, galleries--sort of like a Montpelier, times 10 because there are a hundred thousand people here, on the edge of the prairie. Think often of Margie and Normie, you remember, from the movie "Fargo."

This is a big, big country, I can tell you from personal experience. And it's about to get a whole lot bigger! I head out into North Dakota in a few moments from the corner of 8th Avenue North and Broadway. My love to all. Corinne, again thanks. Lowell

2 Comments:

  • hi lowell sounds like u r having a great time in fargo. It's really suny here. The blue barries are really good.Were the corn is just barely coming in. The flowers are look ausome. hope to here from u soon.
    love carly

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, July 26, 2006  

  • Hi Lowell,

    I saw Betsy shortly after you left and told her that I would check your blog. Very well done, and looks like you're having a great trip. I'm envious! Hoping I can get Tim Flynn to join me on a x-country trip someday.

    Enjoy the big sky country!

    John Hollar

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, July 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home